Thursday, March 22, 2007

Ripple-Latte




Well, I bet this hasn't happened to any of you as yet! As you see I have this lovely blue tub on wheels which I got at Ikea for $5. It is the perfect thing to roll around the house with me and work on the Ripple. Last night it ended up next to my bed. This morning I unceremoniously dumped my cup of coffee right into it. That will really get you moving in a hurry!!! Fortunately, as you can see in the top picture, most of it was deflected by a copy of my "Random Strip Generator" pages. The rest of it seemed to head down to the bottom of the tub pretty quickly while I frantically pulled out balls of yarn. My daughter and I quickly used a big towel to mop it off of my ripple and then individually squeeze and clean each ball of yarn. Amazingly it all came off pretty easily, altho I cannot see into each ball of yarn. I think we got to it so quickly that the wool sort of deflected and didn't absorb it too much.

So the moral of this story is to keep your food and drink away from this precious Ripple-in -Progress.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a story! I am famous for splishing and splashing coffee all over the place. My carpets are just covered in coffee stains because I just can't stop from sloshing it around. Recently a cup literally flew out of my hand while I was adjusting a pillow and I have a lovely coffee stain down my living room wall.

Anonymous said...

Should I splash out and get the Ripple book. I am waiting for my library to purchase it but I can't wait. I have not seen inside yet.

Jenni-Raie said...

oh no! luckily it looks okay... (phew). I love the greens you've used!