Thursday, March 15, 2007

I'm so glad to be a part of this

After seeing all the marvelous ripples I just had to join in. I've been crocheting ever since I can remember but I can't remember who taught me how. Two of my aunts crochet yet they both say they never showed me how. Maybe they just inspired me to go out and learn.

My ripple is going to be for a child. It's around 45" wide. After looking through the 200 Ripple Stitch Patterns book and swatching several patterns I decided on the Malibu ripple. The yarn is Caron Simply Soft Brites. Most of the colors I had tagged for a different project but I changed my mind. After adding 3 more colors to the mix I'm up to 8. The colors in order of use are Lemonade, Limeade, Blue Mint, Berry Blue, Grape, Watermelon, Papaya, and Mango. I also have some black but I'm not sure if I'm going to use it or not.

2 comments:

Susan (ZenKnit) said...

Pretty yarn, glowy/shiny. Is it nice to work with?

Renee said...

I really like Caron Simply Soft. It's very soft and comes in great colors. It can split a bit if you're not careful, but it's worth it. It's soft, 100% acrylic easy care, and reasonaly priced. I love it and use it often.