Saturday, September 1, 2007

SSDD

afghan for dad - up and down

Same Stuff Different Day, so far it has been SSSA - same stitches same afghan, as I am still working on the Waterfall afghan. I decided to purchase 2 more skeins of the navy Palette yarn so there is more to come. But what I still need to decide is if I am going to continue it to make it wider vs. longer. Or perhaps I should just make it big enough to be used either way.



I think I like it with the zigzags going in that "slimming" way - that being up and down, vs. side-to-side:

If I don’t change my mind again, that means the length (the up and down way) will be about 49-51 inches. They stretch and I can’t seem to get a really accurate measurement. That will be okay since dad is a shortie like me. So far the width is about 40 inches.

I haven’t decided if I will make sure that the color repeat is complete across, because I may not have enough yarn (even with the 2) to make it complete in that way. But I figure it will not really matter much because it is so visually ziggy that I don’t think anyone will notice, as long as I have one dark blue stripe at the end. Please tell me what you think - up and down, side to side, make it big enough for either and do I need to make sure the color repeats are complete?




For now that I will need to chill on continuing Waterfall until the new yarn arrives so I can see if it matches. And that means I need to start on a new afghan. Cool!

I have the yarn for the last 2 afghans (besides my sister’s, which is still in process).

Both of these are from the Leisure Arts book, Rippling Effects. I had used one of the patterns a long time ago for some baby afghans I did for great-nieces and great-nephews. All of the patterns (16) are very pretty. It was hard to decide!

Peace!
Susan (aka ZenKnit)

3 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Lovely afghan. Congrats on finishing. I like your other plans too.

Pheelya said...

That blue afghan is gorgeous!!

~Molly~ said...

NICE! NICE! NICE! All of them are beautiful!!

Molly