Sunday, July 8, 2007

First Post

Hi guys! I'm so excited about my first post! I've been admiring everyone's work for sooo long and can't wait to join in the fun!

I have a few ripples in the works, but I'll post about this one first. My hubby's coworker is having a little girl in November, which means... Yeah! I get to make a PINK ripple blankie! I love pink, but all my friends and family that have had little ones lately have had adorable boys, so I'm totally excited to get to use girlie colors for once :) Here's the progress with just over 2 color repeats done...


I'm using Caron Simply Soft in Watermelon, Soft Pink and White. The pattern is from Jan Eaton's 200 Ripple Stitches, #16 "Pink Ripple". I think I like it :)

8 comments:

ferrous said...

pretty! i love the gentle curves you've used. i see you skip five times for the decreases, but i can't quite tell if you're increasing (two in each one crochet stitch) five times as well or seven times.

Anina said...

Lovely colors!

My Best Friend Calls Me Martha said...

It's actually 6 times... The pattern is pretty much 2 dc in each of 6 stitches, [skip next stitch, 1 dc in next stich] 5 times, skip next stitch and then repeat.

Denise said...

Lovely!

I have a question for you:
tea123How many stitches did you cast on for a baby ripple afghan? I keep reading of folks feeling their ripple afghans are not wide enough and don't want to experience that myself when I begin a baby sized ripple.

Thanks,
Denise

My Best Friend Calls Me Martha said...

I cast on 104 and it's not quite 3 feet wide, I think if I ever do this pattern again I'll do one more repeat, for a total of 121 beginning chains and then it would probably be about 3 feet wide, which i think would be nicer... but, like my momma pointed out, the less wide size blankie is nice for a car seat or stroller, so i decided not to frog this one and just kept going :)

Michelle said...

I LOVE it!

Peggy said...

Very pretty...lucky baby!

PattieJ said...

So pretty!!