Saturday, April 14, 2007
Ninth Time's The Charm
I’m so glad to be joining the Ripple-Along. I’ve actually been rippling for a few weeks now and the fact is, I don’t have a lot of experience with crochet. I’ve never used a real pattern before. I have made a lot of mistakes.
1. 200 stitches, two rows, too short.
2. 349 stitches, two rows, too long.
3. Can’t remember how many stitches, realized I wasn’t doing a full double crochet. Oops!
4. 4 rows, double crochet, something is weird. It’s curling.
5. Trying again. Still curling.
6. Sought help from sister and mother-in-law. They are stumped. Finally realize I’m not going into the right part of the foundation row plus my foundation row is really tight. Eureka!
7. Chained with a larger hook for a looser foundation row and then went into the correct spot. This time it’s working! But it’s way too long.
8. Finally, 219 stitches, all is well. I’m about to start my 7th color. (this picture is from 2 rows ago!)
I’m working with Rowan Pure Wool DK and an F hook using Soft Waves from Jan Eaton’s 200 Ripple-Stitch Patterns. The yarn is heavenly and the pattern is so relaxing (after I finally got the hang of it).