Sunday, April 1, 2007

Moccasin Ripple- Week 1

This week I've been productive with my knitting and my crocheting (the ripple). It's been 7 days and I have 19 rows of DC.

Seeing all the fabo pictures of your ripple, I decided to actually make an effort to take a pretty picture of my ripple. It's is a work of art? I've very proud of my photos, it required a little crawling on the floor and odd placement of feet but I've got a darn good photo on my hands (not like some of my prior photos). As you can see there are my Navajo Moccasins, Kinstaa (Navajo word for tall shoe) on top of my ripple. Those shoes were the inspiration for my ripple.

I told my husband to take a "nice picture" of my ripple with my moccasins while I took a shower and this is what he came up with, my ripple on the floor with the men's moccasin, I told him that I would use that picture for scale (he's an engineer). It's pretty big, enough to fully cover a queen size bed. The ripple is actually a blanket for the new LaZ Boy we are getting on the 28th.

I used the random striper for random maroon and cream stripes. Up next is 7 rows of cream, 1 maroon and 4 cream. Week 2 should be complete by then.

My blog has my other weekly knitting accomplishments.

Keep rippling!

1 comment:

the solitary thread said...

Yum, yum, maroon and cream are a great combo =)