Monday, April 2, 2007

Day 6

Just a snapshot of my progress on the afghan thus far. It seems wider than last time I laid it across my bed...not sure how that happened, but I don't want to rip it out. It hits the floor on both sides of the Queen size now.

I haven't figured out what to do yet if I finish the last of a skein mid-row though - I might just start another new color (the next stripe maybe?) - has anyone else tried this? Does it look too messy? I just really want to use up the massive stash I already have. Maybe I should've gone with a throw size.

Here's what I've got so far. It's been cat-tested. I think it passed.

3 comments:

the solitary thread said...

I'm loving all these cat updates! hehe. And I love your colours too =P

I was wondering about the yarn running out of mid row thing too...perhaps I will use it as an excuse to pop out and buy more yarn? lol.

Riss said...

I ran out of yarn with about 3 ups and downs left... Luckily I was working with a blue verigated and had a color that was very close to the lightest color and just continued using the second color. A few rows later, I didn't even notice the difference anymore...

Elliott said...

I just started with the next color. It looked fine. Keep on rippleing!