Friday, March 2, 2007

I'd show you a picture, but...

It seems that crocheting anything while in the midst of moving is a super silly idea. However, with four projects going, why not add one more with ripples? It's a strange world when you've crocheted for 64% of your life and have never tried ripples or chevrons. Perhaps it's worse that my grandmother never showed me how to do a granny square, and so I am granny-square-less.

Anyway, I blame the lack of pictures on the move, and the lack of more than one row on this earthquake. (Because let me tell you, there's nothing quite like an earthquake about two miles from your home to disrupt your ability to stay calm. You start wondering if it's big enough for you to run to a doorway. Then, you try to keep track of what is falling from the bookshelf and wonder when it will end, if you should try to pick things up, and if you should dare eat your dinner. And then, you freak out with the question of whether or not it is beneath you or across the bay. Once it stops, you get headaches from the aftershocks.) Although, when you are a geologist, you actually get excited and wish you were outside to feel the ground shake, because we lose all sense when something like that happens.

However, I can tell you that my super soft yarn in red, oranges, and yellow are going to make a super cool afghan, until my sister finds the yarn and packs it away. There are no random colors to choose from since the far-too-large stash now lives in the new home.

And hi, by the way.

1 comment:

Carla said...

Silly maybe, but if you COULD sneak in a row now and then I would be relaxing... And hi, yourself!